The Antra AH6-260-0000 auto darkening welding helmet is one of the best budget helmets on the market today. It is beautifully designed light but strong and most importantly is solar powered. That makes it’s ideal for working under hot conditions and outdoor too. This helmet can be used for Arc, MiG, TiG and plasma applications. It can be also used for various engineering works. The antra Ah6-260-0000 is a very fast responsive helmets ideal for use when welding, cutting and grinding. So let’s begin.
Is this one right for you?
The Antra AH6-260-0000 auto darkening welding helmet has good enough size viewing screen. This is perfect for any welding you are undertaking. Also, this helmet is compatible with cheater lenses, gives super grinding feature. This is best for plasma cutting applications. It’s a flexible helmet with affordable price mean it’s suitable for beginners or home welding purpose as well as for hobbyist welders. It has adjustable knots and delays time setting that allows your eyes to adjust to your work. You will get almost complete protection when you are using this helmet. The control of settings is very easy to use and very simple to assemble it. The sensor is capable of detecting any smallest changes in light density and it’s adjust darkening accordingly. This all settings are easily learned and customized by a new welder, who is using auto-darkening solar power welding helmet for the first time. So now you can decide this is the right choice for you or not!
Features of Antra AH6-260-0000 Auto Darkening Welding Helmet :
• It comes with auto-darkening filters with shades range 4-13
• Antra AH6-260-0000 is Compatible with cheater/magnifying lens.The auto-darkening features are maintained by four in-built premium sensors.
• Switch on-off function of this welding helmet is fully automated and does not require any manual handling, thus save the time.
• It also comes with Battery testing and indicator Also, you can set 10-minute power off delay.
• Operating temperature of this welding helmet is between 14F – 131F.
• Step-less delay feature with adjustable sensitivity knob is also there for better welding performance.
• Contains super light lithium battery backed with a solar panel so when you ran out of batteries you can finish your work without any problems or delay.
• This helmet is crafted of durable polyamide nylon, gives you the durability.
• This helmet also supports time delay and sensitivity functions at same time.
Dimensions: 12x9x9 inches
4 Premium Sensors
Viewing Screen Size: 1.78 by 3.86 inches
Shade range: 5-9, 9-13
Shade Level: 16 (protects against IR and UVC radiation)
Sensors response time – 0.00004 seconds
Optical class: 1/1/1/2
Optical clarity: 75%
Dark to Light: 0.1-1 Seconds
Light State: DIN 4
Dark State: DIN 5-9/9-13
Variety of shades like 4/5-9/9-13
Compile with ANSI Z87.1/EN379 CE/CSA Z94.3 Standards
Assembly time: 45 seconds
1. Lightweight and durable (so you can carry it anywhere you want)
2. Affordable price with the best specification (best in this price range)
3. Auto-darkening functionality and adjustable sensitivity knobs
4. Variable shade range
5. Four fast premium sensors
6. Additional replacement lens in the box
1. Adjustable knobs and some nuts are low quality
2. Sometimes sensor become over-sensitive
3. Solar powered batteries takes more time to charge
4. It’s suitable for normal welding, this one is not for professional welder
What’s in the box?
• Antra AH6-260-0000 Welding Helmet
• Auto-darkening lens
• Adjustable Sensitivity knobs
• 6 Ext. and 1 Int. Lens covers
• Cheater lens
Suitable for :
• Plasma Applications
Let’s Watch a Video Review!
Frequently Asked Question:
Question: Is the battery replaceable or not?
Answer: Yes, the battery is replaceable. And if you run out of battery, solar power is useful at that time.
Question: What size of cheater/magnifying lens is compatible with this helmet?
Answer : 2 x 4″
Question: How can I turn off the helmet?
Answer: You do not have to turn off the helmet, if you want to turn it off you can do it by putting it in grind mode.
Question: Does it work with the quick lock system?
Answer: No, But Auto darkening works fine. This is only a starter helmet.
Questions: Does this work in daylight?
Answer: Yes! It works very well in daylight. If you ran into some problem then you can always set darkening setting to adjust the light.
Question: Can I able to wear my glasses with this helmet?
Question: Does it come with a magnifying lens holder?
Answer: Yes, It does comes with magnifying lens holder.
Questions: Does it become completely clear in grind mode?
Answer: No, It has dark green tint.
Question: Are there any graphics decals on it?
Answer: No, There is no graphic decals on it.
So there you go, How was the Antra AH6-260-0000 Auto Darkening Welding Helmet Review ? A welding helmet should be able to provide the protection and versatility. This helmet allows you to do different types of welding for any type of project. This welding helmet is the best choice for anyone in this price range. But this only for you if you’re using it at home or on your DIY projects. It’s suitable for normal welding use or for hobby work, this one is not for professional welder.
This concludes our Antra AH6-260-0000 auto darkening welding helmet review. We hope our review on this helmet helps you to make a better decision. If you have any question about this machine feel free to contact us. We will try to reply as soon as possible.
Value for Money: 4.8